- Remove content from storage container
- Rinse thoroughly. Repeat until salt/sand/debris are removed. (Sea Moss is a very salty content)
- Soak Sea Moss overnight in a bowl 4-8 cups of warm water. (It is normal to soak Sea Moss for up to 24 hours, or even longer)
- Drain and rinse again
- Eat raw, blend or prepare this super-food to your liking
Benefits of Sea Moss for the skin: Collagen is a protein that is found in the skin and other organs and holds the body together. However, as we age, the production of this naturally occurring protein slows down. Consequently, as we get older, our skin begins to wrinkle and the face becomes the first place to notice this change. Sea Moss is an important source of plant-based collagen and is also rich in sulfur, which enables it to produce a serious beauty boost. You can make a Sea Moss Gel and apply it directly on your face, the high sulfur content can decrease the excessive production of sebum (oil) in the skin. With Sea Moss antibacterial effect on Acne Bacteria, it may help reduce the severity of acne in people who suffer from this condition. In addition, applying Sea Moss under the eyes can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and diminishes dark circles and bags. Amazingly, the plant is very effective in rehydrating dry skin! There are also amazing Sea Moss benefits for hair. When applying Sea Moss Gel as a conditioner, it nourishes and strengthens the hair.
How to use Sea Moss as a facemask
- Apply a small amount of Sea Moss Gel on your face
- After applying, your skin will begin to get tighter
- Leave the mask on your face for 15 to 20 minutes
- Clean your face with cool or lukewarm water and apply your favorite moisturizer
There's no limit to the number of times you can use this fabulous mineral-rich cocktail on your face.
Apart from your face, you can use Sea Moss Gel on dry skin, aching feet, and skin rash. When used, the gel leaves the skin very moisturized, gently exfoliated, and clarified. When done, remember that the remaining gel can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Enjoy Irish Sea Moss unique benefits; nature will always provide a way for us to enhance our outer beauty and with its enriching qualities, Irish Moss fits the bill!
*BONUS* Enjoy this authenthic video from TV star Mo'Nique showing her experience with Sea Moss face mask plus the overall benefits of using this superfood.